Hector (Wexler) Lathe

Advert

Hector (Wexler) Lathe

Home Forums Workshop Tools and Tooling Hector (Wexler) Lathe

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Andy_H
    Participant
      @andy_h

I am considering buying one (but from a distance).

But I am interested to know the size and thread of the headstock nose, and the taper of the tailstock

I’ve not been able to find this info anywhere (including the excellent lathes.co.uk site).

Does anyone, by chance, know?

Andy

PS Yes, I realise the inherent danger in this question – that whatever the manufactured/from factory spec was there’s no guarantee it hasn’t been subsequently modified!

Advert
      Brian Wood
      Participant
        @brianwood45127

Hello Andy,

You may well find yourself in the position of pioneer if you go ahead with the purchase, in which case Tony Griffiths of lathes.co would be delighted to hear from you with pictures, description and dimensions to add the lathe to his archive. Maybe even an article for MEW to help with the purchase cost!

It is not a name I recognise at all and I have several decades now of knowledge to draw upon.

I hope the purchase is a success for you, assuming you go ahead that is.

Regards   Brian

Michael Gilligan
        Participant
          @michaelgilligan61133

Brian

Have a look at the Jason and Pixie information on lathes.co.uk and you will find some interesting connections.

Brian Perris seems to have been an inventive chap, and his early death was a loss to the development of small lathes.

MichaelG.

Andy_H
          Participant
            @andy_h

Hi All

Just to confirm my questions are now being answered via PM by an owner of one of these.

Andy

Brian Wood
            Participant
              @brianwood45127

Thank you Michael, it never fails to surprise me with the material you are able to reference to, much of it obscure.

Brian

Michael Gilligan
              Participant
                @michaelgilligan61133

It wasn’t difficult this time, Brian … I have a Jason lathe, so have trodden the path before.

MichaelG.

Andy_H
                Participant
                  @andy_h

Just to close this down with confirmed info in case it’s of use to anyone in the future.

The spindle nose is M14 x 1.5mm

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)