Good Metal-working and Wood-working sites

Advert

Good Metal-working and Wood-working sites

Home Forums Suggested Online Resources Good Metal-working and Wood-working sites

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Ropetangler
    Participant
      @ropetangler
      Advert
      Ropetangler
      Participant
        @ropetangler
        These two sites have lots of helpful members who are willing to pass on the benefit of their experiences – both highly recommended.
        Rob Gore. 

Edited By Richmond on 15/10/2009 09:09:15

Ozwelder
        Participant
          @ozwelder
          I am a contributor to that particular forum and would like to clear this up a bit.
          There is in fact sub forums withing the woodwork forum

Tthere is a specific metalwork forum within the woodwork forum  that is broken up in metal working, a speciality lathe forum,welding and trailer building sections.

cheers
          Grahame
          Ropetangler
          Participant
            @ropetangler

Reading my original post will make it obvious that one of my recommended sites has been censored. I do not know why the Practical Machinist website would have been unacceptable, but I hope that you will reconsider your position.

They are a friendly and helpful bunch by and large, and there is plenty of expertise and helpful advice forthcoming I have found. It is true that in the main, they are more professionally oriented, than model oriented, but in my experience , if you have a problem, or just an enquiry, if you address it to the correct forum, plenty of help will be forthcoming. I will re-post the link to their home page, and also some links to interesting threads, that I think most mechanically inclined people would enjoy. Hopefully this time you lot will agree too.

Regards,

Rob

http://www.practicalmachinist.com/vb/monarch-lathes/new-toy-its-project-wreck-100005/

It will take a week to get through this lot, but it is absolutely riveting all the way!
          Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)