French model Engineers

Advert

French model Engineers

Home Forums Model engineering club news French model Engineers

Viewing 9 posts - 51 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • Author
    Rolster
    Participant
      @rolster

Hi RMA many thanks for the Cvdp information they have an excellent links page on model engineering and materials suppliers in france and europe which was most helpful. Simon 0362 had let me know of a track near to us in the south east of france Musee provencal des Transports which amungst other attractions seems to have a multi gauge ground level track setup. They appear to have regular running events on the lines.

BR Roland

Advert
      Jerry Felstead
      Participant
        @jerryfelstead79800

Hi to all model engineers in France,

I have recently moved to France, Lot et Garonne, 47800 and I wonder if there are any engineer type guys in the area.

I am interested in model engineering in general and also in classic and vintage cars and steam also. I don't have an old car at present (I used to have Austin 7 and Austin H 12/4) but I have one and a half Velosolex motorised bikes and a Lister D stationary engine. I brought all my stuff with me as I don't know where to get things yet.

I logged on using my old email address but I have a new one which is: raehse-felstead.jeremy@orange.fr

Cheers,

Jerry.

Speedy Builder5
        Participant
          @speedybuilder5

My goodness, the SW of France is filling up with MEs. Hello Jerry, we are in dept 46 – just next door! MEs are about as common as chicken teeth around here, I have just about finished a 5" gauge SPEEDY loco and there are few if any public tracks in dept 46. and very few private ones. The Petit Train de Grenade is a 71/4 inch track

Petit Train de Grenade

They are in the process of building a new track and moving to a new location and need help building it.

Can't help you with other club names local to you.

Bob

Rolster
          Participant
            @rolster

Hi Jerry great to see France is filling up with model engineers. I am over in Dept 83 so a little way from you over in the south west. There is quite a good modeling scene here as well as vintage cars so i hope you find some in your area.

BR Roland

Dennis Johnston 1
            Participant
              @dennisjohnston1

Hi Jerry, I also live in Lot et Garonne 47800. I was very active in model engineering in the UK before I moved to France, and am currently building a 7.25" Crampton loco "Le Continent", but have nowhere to run it unless I build a track in my garden! I am aware of le petit train de Grenade but it is a long journey from here.

If you are interested in meeting up please pm me, be nice to meet a fellow enthusiast in this area.

Dennis Johnston

Robin Paijmans
              Participant
                @robinpaijmans90763

Hi all. I'm a new member who has just moved from the UK to a village near Confolens 16500 in Charente. Looking for other MEs in the area (or anywhere, really) as well as information about clubs, sources for materials, tools etc.

Robin

Rolster
                Participant
                  @rolster

Hi Robin welcome to France and this little area on the forum.

You'r quite away from me here in the south east of France.

I hope a few memebers more local to you will raise their heads, over time and give you some local information that may be helpful.

The OP on this thread Speedy builder 5 is about half way between us, but seems to know quite a few people scattered around the country.

BR Roland

simondavies3
                  Participant
                    @simondavies3

Hi Robin,

I'm 80kms from Roland so equally unlikely to help you, but that won't stop me welcoming you here – bienvenu!

Simon

Speedy Builder5
                    Participant
                      @speedybuilder5

Hi Robin, we are about 100 miles SE of you. (46320). We know Confolens as we used to pass through on the way to Mansle.

I am into 5" steam loco at the moment (amongst other things). What do you like doing?

Bob

Viewing 9 posts - 51 through 59 (of 59 total)