Failure of App on iPad

Advert

Failure of App on iPad

Home Forums Subscription issues and Digital magazines Failure of App on iPad

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Brytech
    Participant
      @brytech

New issue announcement appeared but when selected the App crashed

Advert
      Brytech
      Participant
        @brytech

Has anyone else had this happen? I could not access Model Engineer from the Newstand. It's not the first time that it's happened to me. On the several occasions in the past when it's stooped working I've had to delete the App & reload it which meant loosing ALL my digital content & then reloading it again. Only problem is that this time the "work around" hasn't worked. I've tried it several times & each time the app is reloaded all I see in the Newstand is a black rectangle with Model Engineer in the middle of it. If I it touch it to enter the title it doesn't go anywhere. I'm really beginning to question whether or not the extra charge on the subscription for digital access is worth the money the App is not reliable nor really fit for purpose.

I.M. OUTAHERE
        Participant
          @i-m-outahere

There was an update for newstand a few months back and i had to re do my subscription details to get access and to re load the back issues.

Total PIA !!!!!

Maybe check your settings for cookies  ?

Is your ipad up to date with the operating system  and ap updates ?

Ian.

Edited By XD 351 on 13/09/2015 09:10:09

Steambuff
          Participant
            @steambuff

I use the Pocketmags App on my iPad and not the Apple Newsstand and I have not had any issues. (I do keep my ios and apps up todate)

Just to clarify, are you using the 'Pocketmags' app or the 'Newsstand' app? (If the latter, perhaps you can try the former)

Also which iPad model are you using and what version of ios?

Dave

Neil Wyatt
              @neilwyatt

We don't actually support Newstand as it is really just a 'wrapper' for other people's viewers. You need to use the Pocketmags viewer to be sure of it working on iOS.

View pocketmags on an iPad

All Newstand does is import the pocketmags app and try to display it, but a poke around on google suggests that it is not reliable with all third party formats.

If you keep getting problems and want to continue to use Newstand, I suggest contacting apple support or using their support forums.

Neil

Edited By Neil Wyatt on 13/09/2015 10:25:12

Brytech
              Participant
                @brytech

I've got an iPad Air with up to date IOS. I'm not using the pocket mags app so I'll have to try that. Many thanks for the input everyone. If there are anymore ideas out there I'm interested to hear them.

Dullnote
                Participant
                  @dullnote

Hi I use newsstand with no issues, in iPad 2 I find it easy as I have model mags and my garden mag all deliveries keep everything in one place

Jim

Brytech
                  Participant
                    @brytech

An Update gentlemen. I've downloaded the pocket mags app & the latest issue has loaded. Many thanks for the advice.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)