Extended/long reach Centre Drill Bits?

Advert

Extended/long reach Centre Drill Bits?

Home Forums Workshop Tools and Tooling Extended/long reach Centre Drill Bits?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Bo’sun
    Participant
      @bosun58570

Good morning,

A couple of years ago I purchased some long reach Centre Drill Bits from Gloster Tools.  However, they don’t appear on their new(ish) website, and two e-mails to them have failed to get a response.  I’ve tried the usual suspects without success.  Has anyone any suggestions for a supplier?

Advert
      bernard towers
      Participant
        @bernardtowers37738

just get a suitable length of material and centre drill very deeply then loctite centre drill in and bobs your!!!

John Hinkley
        Participant
          @johnhinkley26699

Are these any good to you?

Drill Service (Horley) Ltd. Long series centre drills

I’ve never used them myself, but they get good reviews from other forum members.

John

JasonB
            @jasonb

MSC have them in various lengths and diameters both metric and imperial.

Bernards method is OK for soem jobs but not when you want to do someting like the rod guide hole on the far end of a steam chest where you only have a small entry hole.

IMAG0130

Or on a job like this, starting a hole through a previous one that can be reamed to help guide the long bit.

20240303_150040

Bo’sun
            Participant
              @bosun58570

Thank you John & Jason, never used either of those suppliers before, I’ll give them a try.

Good idea Bernard, but I fear in this case I might not have the room for the increased diameter.  Worthy of future use I’m sure.

JA
              Participant
                @ja
                On John Hinkley Said:

Are these any good to you?

Drill Service (Horley) Ltd. Long series centre drills

I’ve never used them myself, but they get good reviews from other forum members.

John

I use them for all my slot drills and end mill cutters (and a few long series centre drills). They are very reliable and give a same day service using first class mail. Locally that means getting the cutters etc next day is in the hands of the gods.

JA

JasonB
                  @jasonb

I find the MSC stuff comes just as fast.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)