Emco PC 50 Retrofit

Advert

Emco PC 50 Retrofit

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    DaveA
    Participant
      @davea

Currently I’m carrying out a retrofit on an Emco PC 50 Mill that I purchased in June. So if anyone is interested I will post images of my progress and info on what parts fitted and where purchased.

But I’m hoping there is a CNC God on here, who can identify this sensor. I think it is a hall sender which is made by Honeywell, and most probably counts the turns of the ball screw when the machine is operating. Before I removed the humongous 32 kg control cabinet, these sensors where connected to blocks that were related to limit switches.

Ideally because of the quality of this machine, I would like to incorporate them in the refit, that is of course whether Mach3 or Planet CNC will identify them in the circuitry.

Cheers
      Dave

53915124402_11b1368cff_o

Advert
      David Jupp
      Participant
        @davidjupp51506

Put Honeywell plus the part number from the tag into a search engine –  From the characters I can see, yes it is a proximity switch but discontinued.

sam sokolik
        Participant
          @samsokolik60334

My guess is that the sensor is used to ‘home to index’  So – there is a course home switch that gets the ball screw within 1 rotation – then it searches for the ‘index’  (this is usually on a 3 channel encoder – a,b and z)

sam

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)