Does anyone recognise these parts

Advert

Does anyone recognise these parts

Home Forums Locomotives Does anyone recognise these parts

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Michael Callaghan
    Participant
      @michaelcallaghan68621

Hi. I was presented with a present yesterday. However I have not much knowledge of  electrical engineering and I have no idea at all what these items are. They are mounted on the chassis of a battery powered locomotive. The twin bogies have four motors between them and there are the usual live and natural wires on each bogie. However I can’t make out how these wires connect to anything seen in the pictures, or what connections there are for the battery. I am thinking of removing the lot and just fitting the normal 4QD control unit, one of which I have laying around the workshop. But before I start removing things. I would be interested in knowing more about these components. ThanksIMG_3198IMG_3197IMG_3196IMG_3195IMG_3194

Advert
      Bazyle
      Participant
        @bazyle

The battery connections are in the first photo, though they look a little thin wires. It looks like it was converted to radio control perhaps so the grandchildren could be given a ride without looking at a big adult’s back all the time. The radio and perhaps a hand controller are missing so as you suggest it is easier to start again.

noel shelley
        Participant
          @noelshelley55608

Appears to have air brakes, or a very loud horn. 4 controllers and an interesting collection of servos. Looks like it may be fun. Noel.

Michael Callaghan
          Participant
            @michaelcallaghan68621

Thanks chaps. I think I will take the lot out and start again.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)