Digital ME & MEW Issues

Advert

Digital ME & MEW Issues

Home Forums Subscription issues and Digital magazines Digital ME & MEW Issues

Viewing 7 posts - 51 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • Author
    Ian McVickers
    Participant
      @ianmcvickers56553

Jason, I understand that the app needs me to be signed into the store to download the app. As I said I have installed the app but I didn't like it asking for my account details to run the app. But anyway this is now done. The problem now is that the app cant find the new Mags. If I search for any Mags from the app it can't find anything at all, even if the app is listed in the app recommendations list. I have mailed pocketmags to see if they have a solution so waiting on them now.

Advert
      Neil Wyatt
        @neilwyatt

I need to correct myself.

The pocketmags reader DOES work with W8 and 10. It is the W7 version that has been withdrawn. By my estimate they had less than 0.1 reader per title using it.

We don't actively promote the windows version because so many of our readers use W7 and XP and this was creating too many problems.

If you want it you need to get it from Microsoft Store.

This is no different from having to get the other platform's versions from Apple Store or Google Play.

Neil

JasonB
          @jasonb

Ian, did you get an e-mail with a 10 digit subscription number?

We find it can take a day or three for this to get through to a new subscriber and as you only took out the sub yesterday I wonder if that is the issue

Ian McVickers
          Participant
            @ianmcvickers56553

I have my subscription number and have the current copy of mew on my android phone and on the web version of pocketmags. I had to enter the subscription info on the web version to get the mag there then delete and reinstall the version on my windows tablet to get it to appear there. I cannot get access to the previous magazines. The "restore purchases" option is missing from the windows version and on the android version it won't let me view any of the previous magazines. It wants me to pay for them. I did email pocketmags about it and they replied but the option they told me to choose to restore purchases is not there so I have mailed them back again. Waiting on a reply now.

JasonB
              @jasonb

Ian, is this a subscription you have just taken out ?

If so you will only be able to get mags within the period of that subscription from pocket mags

However if by previous mags you mean the digital archive then that has to be accessed via this site and can only be viewed online. Go to the green bar along the top of the page and click "magazines" and from there you should be able to select MEW.

Neil Wyatt
                @neilwyatt

As Jason says – the archive is separate from the digital subscription.

Plus you will need to put your subscription number into your profile.

Neil

Ian McVickers
                Participant
                  @ianmcvickers56553

Thanks guys. Got it now. I thought that the back editions were also available on the app.

Viewing 7 posts - 51 through 57 (of 57 total)