Digital copies of MEW on disc

Advert

Digital copies of MEW on disc

Home Forums Subscription issues and Digital magazines Digital copies of MEW on disc

Viewing 10 posts - 51 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • Author
    Michael Gilligan
    Participant
      @michaelgilligan61133

Interesting assertion at the bottom of that listing:

FOR EBAY : This listing complies with all eBay rules and regulations. The item is in the public domain. No trademarks, copyrights. or eBay rules have been violated in this listing. This product fully conforms with eBay compilation and international media policy and downloadable media policy

What opinion does MTM's Legal Advisor have, I wonder

MichaelG.

Advert
      Cyril Bonnett
      Participant
        @cyrilbonnett24790

Google have most of Popular Mechanics online some going back into the 19th century!

**LINK**

Free to search, be nice if the first copies of ME we digitised and put online.

Just mind and not try some of the early electrical articles.

Cyril

Neil Wyatt
          @neilwyatt

Thanks Nick,

We have got ebay to pull others in the past, but they often pop up again under a slightly modified email address or username.

I've asked if we can produce an official DVD, not least as it will help us prove we are being pirated – eBay appear to presume in favour of the seller until you can prove you own the copyright (we have done in the past, but it is byzantine).

N.

Nicholas Farr
          Participant
            @nicholasfarr14254

Hi Neil, I was actually searching for a couple of 1980's issues of ME when that ad showed up. I've managed to get one on a BIN but another one is an auction, so will have to wait a week.

Regards Nick.

Adrian Giles
            Participant
              @adriangiles39248

Not sure about the cellophane wrap, have you tried getting one off!,

Enough!
              Participant
                @enough
                Posted by Journeyman on 23/10/2016 10:53:34:

HTML5 is now the preferred option.

Preferred, yes, but Flash is very firmly entrenched. There are millions (billions?) of websites out there using Flash and they won't be recoded overnight – or anything like. This site is just one of them.

Like you, I have Flash turned off but I have the browser option set to ask me if a page requires it. I then either move on or answer "yes this one time" or "yes for this page from now on". For the archive here I've used the latter so it invokes Flash automatically.

Elliot Hirst
                Participant
                  @elliothirst42758

Has anything been sorted about getting access to online back copies now that Flash has gone?

Neil Wyatt
                    @neilwyatt

It now looks like the archive will be moved onto (yet another) new platform later this year.

Neil

Elliot Hirst
                    Participant
                      @elliothirst42758

Thanks. That's good news.

Iain Downs
                      Participant
                        @iaindowns78295

I would also like to get digital access to magazines prior to when I subscribed. I would be prepared to pay a reasonable price to do so.

Iain

Viewing 10 posts - 51 through 60 (of 60 total)