Dasqua Digital Caliper, any good?

Advert

Dasqua Digital Caliper, any good?

Home Forums General Questions Dasqua Digital Caliper, any good?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    alan ord 2
    Participant
      @alanord2

Hi has anybody got one of these:-

DASQUA High Precision 6′ INCH DIGITAL VERNIER CALIPER MICROMETER FRACTION IP54 WATERPROOF 2000-1005,

or has any comments about Dasqua tools? Chronus have a special deal at the moment and I need a better digital caliper to what I have. Would love a Mitutoyo but very expensive and too many fakes around.

Alan.

Advert
      Michael Gilligan
      Participant
        @michaelgilligan61133

Comment … I wouldn’t trust a seller who offers a ‘Digital Vernier’ anything

[unless of course they demonstrably have such an item]

MichaelG.

bernard towers
        Participant
          @bernardtowers37738

I have one of their inside mikes and its very good

JasonB
            @jasonb
            On Michael Gilligan Said:

Comment … I wouldn’t trust a seller who offers a ‘Digital Vernier’ anything

[unless of course they demonstrably have such an item]

MichaelG.

But then again you don’t trust anyone who does the hoovering with anything but a Hoover branded one!

We all (except you) know what it is even if there is no vernier scale on it.

Not got any of their products myself so can’t comment.

alan ord 2
            Participant
              @alanord2

Michael I did notice that comment but I copied and pasted the text to the posting from their web site. Surprising how many people refer to a “digital caliper” as a “digital VERNIER caliper”.

However Chronus seem to be a decent and reliable company.

Alan.

JasonB
                @jasonb

Michael may also be worried about how a 6″ caliper can measure 0-200mm

Michael Gilligan
                Participant
                  @michaelgilligan61133
                  On JasonB Said:

Michael may also be worried about how a 6″ caliper can measure 0-200mm

although according to the opening post … it’s described as 6’ one !

MichaelG.

Edit:  __ Don’t worry, Jason … that’s the last I have to say on the matter

JA
                  Participant
                    @ja

I think Chronos is a trusted company.

You should really buy the best you can afford from a recognised supplier. Have a look at RS’s website. Recently I have used them for buying such items. They can be a bit slow in delivery, though.

JA

EDIT – I do not consider Amazon/E-Bay recognised suppliers. I think they are just a market place and should be avoided.

old mart
                    Participant
                      @oldmart

I have a Dasqua digital 6″ caliper which cost about £35 and it compares well against my Mitutoyo’s and my Tesa at a much more affordable price. I have also bought one of their 8″ digital height gauges and recently one of their magnetic DTI stands for a Baty lever mechanical indicator. They all came from RDG which I have dealt with for years and trust. Chronos is also a good firm to deal with. Sad to say, my 6″ Mitutoyo digital calipers bought in 1989 are no longer reliable electrically and have had to be pensioned off.

As for the description ” digital vernier”, the seller is probably playing to the dumb end of the market who don’t know what a vernier is, but associate it with this type of instrument. I have two Mitutoyo parallex free vernier calipers, one 6″ and the other 5″, not listed any more.

SillyOldDuffer
                        @sillyoldduffer

I’ve got a 5″ Dasqua, and would describe it as mid-range, distinctly above the supermarket caliper I use for rough work.   Silky feel, battery protected by a seal, absolute function (zero setting), and meets a DIN standard.   Not more accurate or precise than other calipers but feels good and the measurements are more repeatable.

Dave

Dalboy
                        Participant
                          @dalboy

I have a set of their 6″ ones, not the same model but find them very good. I have measured with them on a piece of freshly turned bar and then check with a micrometer and both agree that was on 1″, also on a 6″ flywheel and again both agree with each other.

I use them a lot to do quick measurement and if critical double check with a micrometer, even then I get a good cross measurement from both.

I am very pleased with mine

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)