Comments (constructive) on the New Forum Software

Advert

Comments (constructive) on the New Forum Software

Home Forums New Forum Software questions, comments and Test Threads Comments (constructive) on the New Forum Software

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 873 total)
  • Author
    Peter Greene
    Participant
      @petergreene36336

Can I get an answer as to why my posts keep getting moderated?

(No one else seems to have complained so I assume it’s just me.)

Advert
      Michael Gilligan
      Participant
        @michaelgilligan61133
        On Peter Greene said

No, it’s not just you Peter

MichaelG.

Michael Gilligan
        Participant
          @michaelgilligan61133

I have found a logic error

As you will see from the screenshot, <b>I am logged-in</b>

MichaelG.

IMG_8932

Peter Greene
          Participant
            @petergreene36336

So this:

ME-1a

Is replaced by:

ME-2a

really?

(The image drag and drop works but doesn’t appear to resize. Might take some getting used to)

JasonB
              @jasonb

can’t answer individually but replie sto soem of what ha sbeen posted since I turnned off last night

Moderation, We know there is a problem that replies are being flagged up at random. When Mods are available they will be approved quickly but it is not a 24/7 coverage even though I have raise dthe point many time sthat all hands on deck would be needed when the site went live. Your US time difference means not many UK based mods about to deal quickly with approval I have just approved abouy 7 posts.

Peter. If you read back through this thread a sI have already asked members to do you will see that the “Latest Activity” button and what it brings up is a TEMPORARY measure as something is better than nothing. In fact the temporary listing is actuially better than what was meant to be on the site so I will push to have that altered to show more, maybe 20 down the right and 50 if you click the button

Michael Gilligan
              Participant
                @michaelgilligan61133

I have just noticed a potentially serious problem:

… I wanted to quote my earlier post, but clicking the |QUOTE| button included all the posts that follow it.

Unless this was just a random glitch … I think the coding for that button needs a dose of looking-at !!

MichaelG.

JasonB
                  @jasonb
                  On Michael Gilligan said

… I wanted to quote my earlier post, but clicking the |QUOTE| button included all the posts that follow it.

Unless this was just a random glitch … I think the coding for that button needs a dose of looking-at !!

MichaelG.

Has been working OK for the last couple of weeks

JasonB
                    @jasonb
                    On JasonB said

can’t answer individually but replie sto soem of what ha sbeen posted since I turnned off last night

Moderation, We know there is a problem that replies are being flagged up at random. When Mods are available they will be approved quickly but it is not a 24/7 coverage even though I have raise dthe point many time sthat all hands on deck would be needed when the site went live. Your US time difference means not many UK based mods about to deal quickly with approval I have just approved abouy 7 posts.

Peter. If you read back through this thread a sI have already asked members to do you will see that the “Latest Activity” button and what it brings up is a TEMPORARY measure as something is better than nothing. In fact the temporary listing is actuially better than what was meant to be on the site so I will push to have that altered to show more, maybe 20 down the right and 50 if you click the button

Tried with a reply further up which also seems OK, Font needs looking at though

Nicholas Farr
                    Participant
                      @nicholasfarr14254
                      On JasonB said

Nick old passwords will work if shorter, mine is only six lowercase. It is only when you change it tat it will need 10

Hi JasonB, thanks for letting me know, but this morning I’ve tried twice to log in with my password as it was originally with one character in a capital and both times it came back with saying the password was wrong. Using the same password, but with all lower case characters, which I also tried twice, logged me in both times without any issue.

Regards Nick.

Michael Gilligan
                      Participant
                        @michaelgilligan61133
                        On JasonB said
                        On Michael Gilligan said

MichaelG.

On JasonB said

On JasonB said
                        On Michael Gilligan said

MichaelG.

My error, Jason <blush>

I hadn’t noticed that, amidst all the other changes, the action buttons have been moved from the bottom of the pane to the top.

MichaelG.

Nicholas Farr
                        Participant
                          @nicholasfarr14254

Hi MichaelG, yes I’ve noticed that change a couple of times, and you seem to have to abandon the post and start again to get the correct one.

Regards Nick.

Nicholas Farr
                          Participant
                            @nicholasfarr14254
                            On Peter Greene said

Hi Peter, I’ve had to also wait a couple of times for moderation. P. S. make that three now with this one.

Regards Nick.

JasonB
                              @jasonb

Admin have been made aware of the high number of replies needing moderation, will have to wait for them to sort it out and I’ll just keep approving when I can.

Please also note that if a reply is held up for moderation it will appear on the forum with time and date as it was approved not when posted so things may be out of context.

Also made aware of password/username problems.

Martin Connelly
                              Participant
                                @martinconnelly55370

I would just like to point out for people complaining about readability issues that, in Microsoft Edge, the use of Ctrl and the + key will zoom in and then Ctrl and the 0 (that’s the zero not O) will restore the standard setting when you want to return to it. I have not tried other browsers to see if it works elsewhere.

Martin C

Andy_G
                                Participant
                                  @andy_g

If I view a topic, then use the back button to get back to the main forum list, I get an error screen saying ‘Confirm Form Resubmission’

confirm

JasonB
                                    @jasonb

Just got that myself going back from a PM, one for admins.

Roy Vaughn
                                    Participant
                                      @royvaughn26060

Have the images which I uploaded on the old site been deleted, I can’t find them?

Also, how do I access my posts?

Journeyman
                                      Participant
                                        @journeyman

Made a post to test the editor. It has problems viz. the mark up code is getting into the post rather than the intended formatting. ie. trying to centre text ended up with – <p text align=center> rather than just centred text </p>

Test post in the “Test Post Thread” – where else would it be!

John

JasonB
                                          @jasonb
                                          On Roy Vaughn said

Have the images which I uploaded on the old site been deleted, I can’t find them?

See this reply about albums

Click “profile” on the green bar and the default page that comes up is your activity (posts)

PatJ
                                          Participant
                                            @patj87806

I am not sure if the “Waiting for Moderation” think is a temporary item, or something permanent.

If I have to wait for moderation every time I post a photo, then that is a deal killer for sure.

No other model forums do that.

Nobody is going to wait for moderation every time they post.

Lets hope that is a temporary thing.

SillyOldDuffer
                                              @sillyoldduffer
                                              On Journeyman said

Made a post to test the editor. It has problems viz. the mark up code is getting into the post rather than the intended formatting. ie. trying to centre text ended up with – <p text align=center> rather than just centred text </p>

John

On Roy Vaughn said

I guess you missed the pre-launch discussion about this Roy.  The new site does not need Albums.  Instead images are loaded directly into posts and stored with them.   No need to upload to an Album first.   A way of downloading images from Albums was provided by a member, but I don’t think it was used much.   I didn’t bother because I already have local copies which are higher resolution than those stored in the Album.

The new site has a Gallery facility, but this is intended for images and documents that aren’t in a post.  (Perhaps to support a Classified Advert.)  I doubt Galleries will be popular.

To access your posts, login, and click Profile in the Green Banner.  They should all be listed under the header blurb.

Dave

SillyOldDuffer
                                                @sillyoldduffer
                                                On PatJ said

I am not sure if the “Waiting for Moderation” think is a temporary item, or something permanent.

If I have to wait for moderation every time I post a photo, then that is a deal killer for sure.

No other model forums do that.

Nobody is going to wait for moderation every time they post.

Lets hope that is a temporary thing.

Hi Pat, welcome back.

Was it you who recommended ‘Damn the Torpedoes’  just before switch-over?

Unfortunately the Moderator bug was believed defused, but the damn torpedoes are still exploding.    Completely innocent text posts set moderation off too, not just photos.

Good news, it’s a temporary bug, been reported.  Not sure when, at the moment priority is being given to fixing sluggish performance, which is another unexpectedly dense minefield!

Takes about 30 seconds to moderate a post, so Jason and I aren’t happy either!

Dave

SillyOldDuffer
                                                  @sillyoldduffer
                                                  On Journeyman said

John

Let me try:
                                                  <p style=”text-align: center;”>This line is centred.</p>
                                                  Dave

Yep, its a bug.  Another previously fixed error has escaped again.

Edit Just testing it via the Moderators dashboard

Journeyman
                                                  Participant
                                                    @journeyman
                                                    On SillyOldDuffer said
                                                    On Journeyman said

John

Let me try:
                                                    <p style=”text-align: center;”>This line is centred.</p>
                                                    Dave

Yep, its a bug.  Another previously fixed error has escaped again.

Oh yes, they do that, pesky little critters 🙂

John

JasonB
                                                      @jasonb

Looks like the long running problem of the editor and various types of editor, if you look back at daves post you can see that I wa sable to ctr the edit much like I can alter font size when going in via Dashboard but not on the forum.

One more for Admin to put on their list

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 873 total)