Collets

Advert

Collets

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    anthony daborn
    Participant
      @anthonydaborn40216
      How can one identify which of the numerous type”s of EC collets one has? What does the no. signify i.e. 25, 35, 40 , is it the length ? , the dia. at the nose?   My holder has a parallel shank which is blind and  so I think it might be for tapping only ? Can anyone point me towards any articles covering this subject and what is the need for so many EC Types?

Tony D
      Advert
      anthony daborn
      Participant
        @anthonydaborn40216

Identification

Richard Shute
        Participant
          @richardshute14275
          Posted by anthony daborn on 31/03/2010 22:10:48:

How can one identify which of the numerous type”s of EC collets one has? What does the no. signify i.e. 25, 35, 40 , is it the length ? , the dia. at the nose?   My holder has a parallel shank which is blind and  so I think it might be for tapping only ? Can anyone point me towards any articles covering this subject and what is the need for so many EC Types?

Tony D

Hello Tony, 

I have not heard of EC collets, I suspect you mean ER collets in which case the number is the notional maximum diameter in mm at the intersection of the two outer tapers. There is actually a groove there so it is not a dimension you can measure.

Richard

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)