Clicking latest activity logs me out!

Advert

Clicking latest activity logs me out!

Home Forums New Forum Software questions, comments and Test Threads Clicking latest activity logs me out!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Nick Clarke 3
    Participant
      @nickclarke3

I  added a couple of posts and went to ‘latest Activity’ to view them and was told I needed to log in to see ‘latest Activity’ and the banner had ‘Log In’ on it even though I had just been logged in to post. Clicked on this and was told i was logged in but my recent posts were not in the ‘Latest Activity’

Advert
      vic newey
      Participant
        @vicnewey60017

I had something similar happen but I pressed F5 to refresh the page and my post then appeared in latest activity

Allen Norris
        Participant
          @allennorris97892

I am finding a similar thing. I click on Latest Activity and it asks me to log in even though I am already logged in. Just seems to get stuck in a loop. It was fine a couple of days ago. I am using Safari on an iPad.

File Handle
          Participant
            @filehandle
            On Allen Norris Said:

I am finding a similar thing. I click on Latest Activity and it asks me to log in even though I am already logged in. Just seems to get stuck in a loop. It was fine a couple of days ago. I am using Safari on an iPad.

Lunchtime it was working fine for me, now I am having the same issue using firefox on a laptop. Go to latest activety,get logged out, log in happens again and again etc.

Roger Clark
            Participant
              @rogerclark

Same for me, was ok this morning

SillyOldDuffer
                @sillyoldduffer

Try pressing F5 refresh.  This may be a known forum bug in which the login page is incorrectly displayed even though the user is still logged in.

If so, Function key 5 reloads the page correctly and, le voila, it shows one really is logged in.  No need to re enter passwords etc.

The bug may be intermittent.  If anyone spots a pattern please report it.  I’ve experienced this error in various other circumstances, but not after pressing Latest Activity.

Dave

Jouke van der Veen
                Participant
                  @joukevanderveen72935

Latest Activity is very persistant in telling me to log in, although I am logged in all the time.

Rather frustrating.

Kind regards,

Jouke

duncan webster 1
                  Participant
                    @duncanwebster1

Doing it to me last night, but worked just now. When is a proper latest posts feature coming, like what we had. The current thing which only lists the latest 10 is very poor.

I do hope Mortons have not paid whoever has taken a site which was admittedly a bit clunky as regards photos but otherwise very good and turned it into something I’m rapidly losing patience with. If they have paid, the miscreant will possibly just walk away

Hillclimber
                    Participant
                      @hillclimber

Ditto!

Colin Heseltine
                      Participant
                        @colinheseltine48622

I have been logged in all the time and get no messages re logging in again when I click on Latest Activity.

As a quick test I submitted the above sentence which worked okay.  I waited till it displayed and then click the edit button to add this line. All appears ok to me.

Colin

peak4
                        Participant
                          @peak4

Just been there, when I chose to log out to see how something displayed from outside the forum, i.e. the latest activity button.
                          When I logged back in again, everything worked as normal, so I was certainly logged in OK.

Latest Activity button enforced log-off each time I tried it.
                          F5 didn’t cure anything, but clearing cookies and cache, just related to this site, from my browser cured the issue.
                          Opera on Windows 10 desktop.

Bill

Tim Stevens
                          Participant
                            @timstevens64731

This problem is letting us all down.

If nothing is done, soon, I’m Off – I have enough to do without incompetent web-sites.

Tim Stevens

Jouke van der Veen
                            Participant
                              @joukevanderveen72935

Staying logged-in seems to solve the problem.

At least Latest Activity opens all the time when I touch the button.

Browsing the forum is rather slow on my iPad (2019).

Jouke

Mike Crossfield
                              Participant
                                @mikecrossfield92481

Ongoing problem for me. I log in and click latest Latest Activity only to get a message saying I need to log in! It worked briefly for me last week, but not for several days now. And when I could view Latest Activity it was pretty hopeless. Two parallel lists of posts with different headings, most of which were duplicated, and I could only see the most recent 8 or 9. With the old website one had the ability to browse all the latest posts covering all the different forums without any need to log in, and to go back over many days (weeks?) if need be. This is the case with all the other forums I belong to. Why on earth was this changed? If the website developers are trying to discourage both old and new members from viewing the site, this is a great way to do it. The old website had a few clunky features, but was generally pretty good. The developers have cut and shut it so much that it is now like Frankenstein’s monster, and unfit for purpose. I used to check latest posts two or three times a day, but I only try to access the site infrequently now, mainly to see if it has been improved. It it doesn’t change soon I will stop looking altogether.

Martin Johnson 1
                                Participant
                                  @martinjohnson1

Same here, but when I click “latest activity” it takes me to a forum statistics page, not latest posts.

Despit the huge effort that several unpaid members have put in, I do not think the forum is useable at present.

Martin

Martin Johnson 1
                                  Participant
                                    @martinjohnson1

Clarification.  I get to latest posts after a long wait.

Martin

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)