Clarke CL300M lathe- only runs in one direction.

Advert

Clarke CL300M lathe- only runs in one direction.

Home Forums Manual machine tools Clarke CL300M lathe- only runs in one direction.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    paul.grosvenor
    Participant
      @paul-grosvenor

Hi all.

I’ve got a Clarke CL300M lathe which I’m trying to repair for a family member. I understand when the lathe was being run in forward direction the lathe jammed and the motor stopped. The lathe no longer runs in forward direction, only reverse.

I think the lathe has the FC250J board. Measuring the dc voltage on the motor output pins 1 and 2 I get no voltage when the switch is set to forward for any speed setting. When set to reverse the motor runs and there is voltage across pins 1 and 2.

Reversing the wires in pins 1 and 2 runs the motor in forward with the control is set to reverse.

I expect when the lathe jammed maybe something got overloaded on the circuit board. Is amyone able to help with this issue?

Thanks, Paul

Advert
      paul.grosvenor
      Participant
        @paul-grosvenor

<p style=”text-align: left;”>20240814_202917</p>

Les Jones 1
        Participant
          @lesjones1

I think the fault is more likely to be the reversing switch as this is between the controller and the motor.

Les.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)