Chester Champion 20V fault

Advert

Chester Champion 20V fault

Home Forums Electronics in the Workshop Chester Champion 20V fault

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    john fletcher 1
    Participant
      @johnfletcher1

A friend has a Chester Champion 20V mill, which I haven’t seen, so therefore I’m unfamiliar. with it. Some where on the mill is a Slot optical Coupler, no doubt doing some speed control/readout. Brian has managed to sever/ tear away the 3 core cable from the machine to the coupler. The cable has 3 coloured cores, red, yellow, and green. On the top right of the small Pcb board it says DisplayB2 and to the left there are a set of 3 holes, above each hole to the left says G, middle hole S, left U, V, or maybe Y (not very clear).

Can any one help by looking in their mill and inform me which coloured wire goes to which hole, so that I can solder the coloured wires in the correct locations for him. John

Advert
      Oven Man
      Participant
        @ovenman

IMG_2769Here is a picture of the sensor board on my Champion 20V that might help. It is on a 2018 model and uses a plug and socket arrangement that has yellow at the top, green in the middle, and red at the bottom.

Peter

john fletcher 1
        Participant
          @johnfletcher1

Hello Peter and thank you for the picture, I’ve invited Brian round to have a look himself before I warm up the soldering iron. He said his mill is older than yours and that he has damaged a gear or something like that. I’ll get to know more when he comes around. John

Oven Man
          Participant
            @ovenman

Hello John, as far as I can tell the the slot optical coupler only connects to the display. It doesn’t provide any feedback for speed control.

Peter

john fletcher 1
            Participant
              @johnfletcher1

OK Peter, Brian has his pcb back but I haven’t heard from him. Anyway now I know  from what you say, I can make him a complete new one as I did years ago for my mill following a circuit in MEW Feb 2009. These couplers are fitted in copiers and the like so a cheap source. John

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)