Books

Advert

Books

Home Forums Books Books

Viewing 6 posts - 26 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    gary
    Participant
      @gary44937

hi tom, I have the two books by Philip duclos, you are more than welcome to borrow them if you want, I live near Peterhead cheers.

Advert
      Tom Gullan
      Participant
        @tomgullan59234

Hello Gary,

Sorry for the delay, I've had a few days off. Thank you for that offer. I've Googled Philip Duclos and I see that he has done some really nice work. How technical are these books? Remember, I'm a novice with limited experience when it comes to engineering.

I spoke to a chap from Peterhead about two months ago about Myford Super 7 and ML lathes. He had some Myford stuff in the Scot-Ads. Are you that chap.?

Regards

Tom

gary
        Participant
          @gary44937

hi tom I am a novice at this grat hobby also, it isn't me who is selling the myford. the duclos books have very good instructions and drawings but I found the models to be a bit small and fiddly regards gary

John Bromley
          Participant
            @johnbromley78794

Hi Tom,

I too am at the beginning of a very steep learning curve. I have just finished the "Simple Oscillating Engine" thanks to Steve's Workshop.

Now making a start on Tubal Cains "Polly" Vertical steam engine. Thats Tom Walshaw-Tubal Cain, not mr pete 222, who has also been a great help to me.

John

Edited By John Bromley on 18/03/2014 19:45:26

John Haine
            Participant
              @johnhaine32865

Hours of good reading and great ideas from Guy Lautard's Machinist's Bedside Reader series, from Camden.

Tom Gullan
              Participant
                @tomgullan59234

Hello John,

I too completed Steve's Simple Oscillating Engine as pictured below. I found the plans very easy to follow with a fair amount of tolerance. Because I have a passion for restoring vintage stationary engines my attempt was given an exhaust. The fly wheel was secured by means of a tapered pin inserted through a step on the inside of the fly wheel.

Regards

Tom

dscf0043.jpg

Viewing 6 posts - 26 through 31 (of 31 total)