Beam Engine

Advert

Beam Engine

Home Forums Books Beam Engine

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Dalboy
    Participant
      @dalboy

Whilst i am moving sheds and building the new workshop I thought about doing some reading.

One book I already have is "Building the Beam engine Mary" and for the life of me can't remember where I got it. Can anyone point me in the direction of any beam engine build books other than the one mentioned above.

I am rather taken by beam engines, and am thinking of making one as a first running engine after making some bits and pieces for the workshop which I can use as practice pieces.

Advert
      Dalboy
      Participant
        @dalboy
        Tomek
        Participant
          @tomek

Hi Derek

Building the stuart beam engine by Andrew Smith .

Regards

Tom

Former Member
          Participant
            @formermember12892

[This posting has been removed]

JasonB
              @jasonb

Anthony Mount's "Historic Engines Worth Modelling " Vol 2 has the build articles covering the Eastern & Anderson Grass Hopper Engine though that may be a bit complex for a first engine, the Stuart would be the better bet. Or you can read my build of a larger version here.

Best of Model Engineer Vol 2 can be picked up on e-bay and that has the Vulcam Beam engine build and drawings

Edited By JasonB on 08/07/2021 17:15:36

Dalboy
              Participant
                @dalboy

Thank you Tom and Jason. Ordered the ME vol 2 Jason.

Bill I think you need to re read my original post I already have that book

Derek

Former Member
                Participant
                  @formermember12892

noel shelley
                  Participant
                    @noelshelley55608

Bill, We all make mistakes, don't worry. Best wishes Noel

Former Member
                    Participant
                      @formermember12892

Jim Nic
                      Participant
                        @jimnic

Bill if being a member here means so much to you I'm sure we can all accept a small slip here and there which matter not when set against your very useful advice in many threads. You are not the first, nor the last, to misread a post.

Let's face it, many of us will undoubtedly suffer your fate in due course and we then will wish for a little forbearance from other members.

Please don't leave.

Jim

pgk pgk
                        Participant
                          @pgkpgk17461
                          Posted by Jim Nic on 08/07/2021 18:13:02:

Bill if being a member here means so much to you I'm sure we can all accept a small slip here and there which matter not when set against your very useful advice in many threads. You are not the first, nor the last, to misread a post.

Let's face it, many of us will undoubtedly suffer your fate in due course and we then will wish for a little forbearance from other members.

Please don't leave.

Jim

Well said. I agree.
                          Don't leave, Bill

pgk

Frank Gorse
                          Participant
                            @frankgorse

Speaking as one who never,ever gets anything wrong- stay with us Bill!

Grindstone Cowboy
                            Participant
                              @grindstonecowboy

Agreed, no need to leave. And may I suggest Derek didn't mean anything nasty by his comment?

Rob

Baz
                              Participant
                                @baz89810

No need to leave Bill, we need all the members we can get! Please stay with us.

Former Member
                                Participant
                                  @formermember12892

roy entwistle
                                  Participant
                                    @royentwistle24699

I agree with all the above. Stay with us, please.

Roy

Michael Gilligan
                                    Participant
                                      @michaelgilligan61133

I’ve only just seen this discussion [model Beam Engines not really being my thing] … but please let me add my encouragement to you, bill : Please do stay with us if you can.

MichaelG.

Dalboy
                                      Participant
                                        @dalboy
                                        Posted by br on 08/07/2021 17:47:22:

Posted by Derek Lane on 08/07/2021 17:36:47:

Thank you Tom and Jason. Ordered the ME vol 2 Jason.

Bill I think you need to re read my original post I already have that book

Derek

Yes , my wife has just read it to me . . Silly me .

Please accept my apologies but this alzheimers I have make s me do stupid things like that.

I hope you are never in the same position as me when things do not register, and people pull you up on it. Not a nice situation.

Perhaps best I do not comment again and make myself look a fool.

bill

I think that as this is becoming a problem area for me, and I do not wish fo cause members problems like this, best I leave the forum, so I will ask the mods to delete my account.

Edited By br on 08/07/2021 17:48:26

Edited By br on 08/07/2021 17:52:27

No need for apologies Bill, sorry it was not meant as a dressing down. I was just pointing out I had already got that one. I think that many of us have done that at one time or another, including me. I now try to remember to read thing twice before I make comments.

I know that you have made quite a lot of worthwhile posts and sure that you will make many more in the future.

Again please accept my apologies if I came across wrongly.

Derek

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)