Ball turners.

Advert

Ball turners.

Home Forums Workshop Tools and Tooling Ball turners.

Viewing 5 posts - 26 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    SillyOldDuffer
      @sillyoldduffer
      Posted by Tony Hoggo on 09/08/2023 07:36:30:

Posted by Kiwi Bloke on 09/08/2023 06:59:16:

I don't think a lesson in bad manners is an appropriate use of this forum.

So behave yourself, don't show your bad manners, didn't your folks teach you anything? Mine taught me manners, they also taught me that manners go out the window when suffering fools and hypocrites!

Tony,

As a moderator I've noticed your later posts are unnecessarily abrasive. Please keep it civil.

Thanks,

Dave

Advert
      JasonB
        @jasonb

And there is a message waiting for you from me.

KWIL
        Participant
          @kwil

Thank you Moderators

Anonymous

I'm neutral on the subject of ball turners; I don't have one, and don't need one.

I was intrigued by Vic's powered ball turner. I wonder if it can do concave curves? And if so could it be adapted to cut a double enveloping worm?

Andrew

JasonB
              @jasonb

The problem I find with a lot of ball turners, even Bernard's one is there is a lot of the tool rotating beyond the radius needed for the ball so you end up having to form the ball a long way from the chuck/collet.

The ones that use a boring head type arrangement or even Andrews copy attachment can generally get in a lot closer which saves chatter or having to have a thick stick on the lollypop shape being formed.

Viewing 5 posts - 26 through 30 (of 30 total)