Apple Intelligence (sic)

Advert

Apple Intelligence (sic)

Home Forums The Tea Room Apple Intelligence (sic)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Michael Gilligan
    Participant
      @michaelgilligan61133

Zen [my Internet Service Provider] thought this sufficiently significant to send:

https://www.zen.co.uk/blog/posts/zen-blog/2024/07/01/how-apple-ai-will-change-your-everyday-life-whether-you-re-an-iphone-user-or-not/

It’s a short read and may be of wider interest.

MichaelG.

Advert
      Vic
      Participant
        @vic

Thanks for that Michael, interesting. I always thought that one of Elon Musks companies was at the forefront of AI given how many times he’s mentioned it over the years.

SillyOldDuffer
          @sillyoldduffer

AI is breathing down our necks!   Intel has integrated a Neural Processing Unit into a microprocessor aimed at laptops and workstations, so no longer an expensive corporate feature.

Having hardware that supports AI locally opens the door to usability improvements galore.   Learning new software is often painful because the software has to be told exactly what to do via a complicated interface.   AI makes it possible for software to recognise user intent, getting much closer to the dream of a big button labelled “You know what I mean, just do it”.

Though it won’t happen overnight I expect AI assisted software will soon be commonplace.

Dave

John Hinkley
          Participant
            @johnhinkley26699

Sounds like just what Nigel Graham 2 is looking for!

John

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)