An announcement from the Editor of Model Engineer.

Advert

An announcement from the Editor of Model Engineer.

Home Forums Website Announcements An announcement from the Editor of Model Engineer.

Viewing 10 posts - 51 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • Author
    Harold Hall 1
    Participant
      @haroldhall1

Well said Norman!

Harold

Advert
      David Clark 13
      Participant
        @davidclark13

Hi Norman, Harold and all

As of 5:30 this evening I am a civilian again.

I will still be available to answer postings etc.

Also, I will be answering questions for Model Engineers' Workshop, including subscription problems, from 9AM to 9PM Monday to Sunday 7 days a week.

regards David

Dave Tointon
        Participant
          @davetointon92281

G'Day David,

You have taken the magazine to new heights under your command. Congratulations and well done!!!!!

Regards

Dave Tointon

Sub Mandrel
          Participant
            @submandrel

David can now speak as he finds – nothing new there then

Well done for leaving ME in better condition than when you found it.

Neil

David Clark 13
            Participant
              @davidclark13

Hi There

I still have to be careful what I say as my main income is still Model Engineers' Workshop.

regards David

David Clark 13
              Participant
                @davidclark13

Hi There

I think ME is in good condition.

Perhaps too many locomotives but I have always tried to include a variety of articles.

The reprints of the English Mechanics LBSC series are necessary for comercial reasons as well as reader's enjoyment.

We do have budgets to work to.

There are more good articles on the way if Diane chooses to publish them.

regards David

IanT
                Participant
                  @iant

I've been quite enjoying reading the LBSC articles David and as they were originally in English Mechanics – personally I've not seen them before.

Perhaps they also remind us that people had to make do with a lot less in the way of equipment in those days and that you can do a great deal on a lathe without needing the luxury of a milling machine. Some of the tecniques described by LBSC are still very useful but don't tend to get mentioned so much these days as most modern 'Authors' use a mill.

So I hope Diane will continue to publish some of LBSC's more obscure material (e.g. non-ME articles) from time to time as it is of interest to some of us.

Regards,

IanT

mechman48
                  Participant
                    @mechman48

David

Thanks for the efforts you have put into the MEW, wish you all the best in your new endeavours. Welcome Diane, wishing you the best in your new role.

George

Geoff Theasby
                    Participant
                      @geofftheasby

I find LBSC's articles enjoyable too. His sketches are admirably clear, and if his techniques or designs are a little dated, we are asked to check with a boiler inspector before we begin.

Soon I will be mentioning a model built by Ivan Law, which he began 60 years ago on an old sideboard, using a line shaft-driven lathe. We who have just started in model engineering have it much easier!

Regards

Geoff

Sub Mandrel
                      Participant
                        @submandrel

Good point Geoff, LBSC's drawings (were they retraced?) are paragons of economy, only giving essential dimensions but always enough information to make the working part and very, very clear.

Neil

Viewing 10 posts - 51 through 60 (of 60 total)