An amusing little deception

Advert

An amusing little deception

Home Forums The Tea Room An amusing little deception

Viewing 4 posts - 26 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Michael Gilligan
    Participant
      @michaelgilligan61133
      On Circlip Said:

Oh what an amusing conspiracy theory. Perhaps it takes a dim wit like me to recognise that the plastic cores are different colours? Seems useful that when you’re fitting the ends with connectors OR NOT, you don’t need a test meter to determine which conductor is which with a clear plastic outer sheath?

DOH!

Regards  Ian

Perhaps SOME subjects are posted to generate forum padding?

… and perhaps SOME responses are nothing-but ^^^

[ who knows ? ]

MichaelG.

Advert
      Circlip
      Participant
        @circlip

Worked in the Hi-Fi industry involved in both electronic and noise generator equipment. Surprising how many so called ‘Ex spurts’ made a living plying Joe public with liberal dosings of Bovine Excreta. S*d all the theory an decide with yer lugholes.

Regards  Ian.

I bow to YOUR observations Micheal

Nicholas Farr
        Participant
          @nicholasfarr14254

Hi, back in the 70’s when Hi-Fi was really becoming popular, and a lot of systems were boosting this and that, which promised you much purer sound etc. I had a listen to a number of demonstrations, and while some of them sound worse than the amp and speaker systems that i built myself, non of them sounded really any better than mine, and my speaker leads were TV coax at that time, I even had a listen to a cousin of mine, whose wife’s father had a very expensive all singing and dancing Hi-Fi, which didn’t sound any better than what I had. The speaker leads I have now, I made up myself, using good quality speaker cable from Maplin Electronics. I believe the main thing to remember, is that our hearing has some subtle difference to everyone else, just the same as we don’t see colours in exactly the same way as everyone else, which is some of the things that make us all unique. I do think the most important thing though, is the quality of the speaker system itself, which includes the the speaker units, the baffle board and the cabinets that suite both the speaker units and their type of use. Of course you do need a good quality sound unit to drive them, but the environment they are used in, will also make a difference.

Regards Nick.

Macolm
          Participant
            @macolm

Ah, coax for speakers! Many years ago, an acquaintance who ran a dance band explained he had better success using coax rather than speaker wire. He explained that the method of setting the volume was to turn up the control until there was acoustic feedback, then back it off slightly. Substituting coax for speaker wire, the volume control could be set quite a bit higher. I hadn’t the heart to disillusion him.

Viewing 4 posts - 26 through 29 (of 29 total)