Advice on Link in E-Mail

Advert

Advice on Link in E-Mail

Home Forums The Tea Room Advice on Link in E-Mail

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    KEITH BEAUMONT
    Participant
      @keithbeaumont45476

I have been sent an E- Mail from an organisation I worked with years ago, inviting me to the Farnborough Air Show, The link on the mail is not highlighted in blue and therefore will not open to allow me to print the ticket.

Is their a way of highlighting the relevant address from my PC?

KEITH.

Advert
      Michael Gilligan
      Participant
        @michaelgilligan61133

I may be missing the point, Keith … but it sounds like you could just copy the inactive link and paste it into your browser.

Clearly it would not be wise to share the text here !

MichaelG.

Edit: __ I would imagine it’s simply a matter of the sender’s eMall having  ‘plain text’ settings.

Vic
        Participant
          @vic
          On KEITH BEAUMONT Said:

Is there a way of highlighting the relevant address from my PC?

KEITH.

Yes, click to the immediate left of the required text and then drag right to the end of it. This will highlight that portion of text. Select “copy” from the menu and then “paste” into your preferred browser address bar and hit enter.

KEITH BEAUMONT
          Participant
            @keithbeaumont45476

Thanks, I have tried all that previously,but it still does not work.

Keith

Michael Gilligan
            Participant
              @michaelgilligan61133

Presumably then … The sender got it wrong

MichaelG.

KEITH BEAUMONT
              Participant
                @keithbeaumont45476

Clearly something is odd. I have put the address in letter by letter, checked and re checked and get the same blank page back. E mail is not failing it,so it is not a dud address. Trouble is that it is issued by Farnborough ticket office and not the people who invited me.

Keith

JasonB
                  @jasonb

Could well explain why it has not come up as an active link and therefore not in blue.

You say e-mail is not failing it. Is the link an email address or a web site address? email errors may be some upper case or a zero and letter O mixed up. Website is usually :// not right if the wording seems OK

KEITH BEAUMONT
                  Participant
                    @keithbeaumont45476

Hi Jason,

The address is an :// type. I have managed to connect to the people who sent the invitation and they are to try to get it re-issued. Fingers crossed!

Keith

KEITH BEAUMONT
                    Participant
                      @keithbeaumont45476

For those interested in this saga. I have solved the problem and now have a printed ticket.

Farnborough ticket people had a couple of attempts at re sending the page, but it still did not work.  I then had a rush of blood to my head and remembered that I was meeting an old collegue there and his invite had worked OK. I then mailed him,suggesting he forward me his invite, which he did, and low and behold, the link was blue and worked for me.

Thanks all for the suggestions.

Keith.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)