a more unusual hobby shed find

Advert

a more unusual hobby shed find

Home Forums The Tea Room a more unusual hobby shed find

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    pgk pgk
    Participant
      @pgkpgk17461

My shed is fully ply lined and uPVC doors and windows

I picked up a rag to wipe hands after working on a mower to find something odd underneath. It wasn’t until it breathed I realised it was a sleeping pipistrelle. Rather than go get camera etc I just covered him/her up again.  I’ll leave doors open at dusk and help it out then with a suitable pole on standby

Advert
      Michael Gilligan
      Participant
        @michaelgilligan61133

Excellent !

I haven’t seen any bats for a couple of years, despite all the conservation efforts.

Some of the new-build local houses were even built with “bat boxes” on the wall

… singularly uninspiring contraptions, to my mind, and any local bats would appear to agree.

I do wonder if the inverters for the solar panels may be upsetting them ??

MichaelG.

This was in June 2023

IMG_8514

Bazyle
        Participant
          @bazyle

While I rarely see bats when we had a village walk around with a bat expert using detectors, at the right time of dusk with little wind the place was seething with their calls. Still quite difficult to see as they are just a fleeting glimpse of a black spec in the tree tops.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)