5″g Tom Rolt

Advert

5″g Tom Rolt

Home Forums Locomotives 5″g Tom Rolt

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    duncan webster 1
    Participant
      @duncanwebster1

I’ve just inherited a part built one. Anyone know what it will weigh when complete, even better how much on each axle. The reason for asking is the existing springs are very stiff indeed, and need replacing.

Anyone got a set of drawings surplus to requirements?

Advert
      duncan webster 1
      Participant
        @duncanwebster1

I’ve put the same query on ProBoards

Clive Brown 1
        Participant
          @clivebrown1

The Reeves 2000 website quotes a total weight of approx. 175lb. No axle breakdown though. I’d expect that the trailing axle load is quite small.

duncan webster 1
          Participant
            @duncanwebster1

Thanks, however, doing some more googling it looks as tho the frame is wrong, I think the real thing has a cradle frame at the back to let the firebox drop in between the sideplates. This doesn’t. The firebox outer is far too wide, even the inside dimension of the box id wider than the gap twixt the side plates. Anyone recognise this?

IMG_20240826_220053

duncan webster 1
            Participant
              @duncanwebster1

The boiler with the model is round top,, original Belplaire. I think when this was last sold it should have been described as a ‘pup’. Looks like considerable redesign and modification is needed. Nothing has been done to it since it was bought many years ago. Perhaps I’ve found out why

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)