3D printing at Midlands show

Advert

3D printing at Midlands show

Home Forums 3D Printers and 3D Printing 3D printing at Midlands show

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Bazyle
    Participant
      @bazyle

On Saturday Neil gave an impromptu talk on 3D printing when the scheduled speaker on another topic was unavailable. Well done for stepping up to the plate at short notice. Room seemed full but not sure if this was users or seekers of information.
      He was also on the SMEE stand all day (perhaps other days) demonstrating several printers, filament and resin.
      I saw another printer on one of the stands, possibly Coventry. It is quite a few years since the MEX at Sandown when there was a whole room full of ‘new’ tech, including lasers etc. Is it now sufficiently well established to not need much more publicity. No traders were trying to sell machines, though of course apart from Myford such traders are not attending shows now.

Advert
      Martin Kyte
      Participant
        @martinkyte99762

Hi Bazyle, SMEE are already thinking about next years stand and I’m sure would be interested to hear what people would like to see in the ‘high tech’ and electronics line. This year was very much a celebration of 125 years with many historic models, some of which were a century old so was a bit of a one off. The mood is to do something very different next year so we are interested in what interests you.

regards Martin

Neil Wyatt
          @neilwyatt

I would like to see/hear more about laser cutters/engravers.

My partner has a Silhouette vinyl cutting machine, and we’re looking at doing an article on how they can be used to make things like control panels etc.

Neil

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)