2024 Shows?

Advert

2024 Shows?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Dr_GMJN
    Participant
      @dr_gmjn

All,

Are there any decent model engineering shows this year?

I’ve been to Doncaster a couple of times, and Harrogate in the past few years, but can’t seem to find any this year.

Thanks.

Advert
      JasonB
        @jasonb
        Dr_GMJN
        Participant
          @dr_gmjn

Thanks Jason. I missed that. I think I went there before as well. Must have been 2 years ago. Time flies.

I thought the Harrogate one was pretty good last year (about this time of year?). Must not be on this year I guess.

Kevin Hunter
          Participant
            @kevinhunter33456

Sadly, it seems Harrogate ME / Model Rail show of last year is not returning for 2024.  No word yet on the National ME / Doncaster show.

Fingers crossed?

Brian Baker 2
            Participant
              @brianbaker2

Greetings don’t forget “LowMEX” in the for the East of England, an excellent show, well worth the journey, nearly all models, few traders.

Usually half Autumn term week end.

Regards

Brian B

Les Riley
              Participant
                @lesriley75593

The Midlands Exhibition is being planned now.

As an “outside steamer”, I got my invitation to attend yesterday.

Keith Rogers 2
                Participant
                  @keithrogers2

According to the December edition of Engineering in Miniature there will be a show at Harrogate this year, but it will be later than last year in May (can’t find any dates yet) in the hope of better weather than last year.

This snippet of information is on the Digital Mags website, although I haven’t seen any confirmation anywhere else.

We’ll just have to wait and see.

Keith.

Chris Crew
                  Participant
                    @chriscrew66644

That the Midland Show is being staged again this year is good news. I have thoroughly enjoyed visiting Leamington for the last two years, not least because it means two days away from SWMBO!

If there are going to be any lectures during the exhibition program I would hope that those presenting them are a little better organised than last year with the projector and sound systems set up and tested before the audience arrives. The constant adjustments being made during the lecture I attended detracted from the very interesting subject matter of the discourse.

noel shelley
                    Participant
                      @noelshelley55608

Don’t worry Chris, Like you I found the poor organization of the lectures and the excessive background noise distracting. I will see that this is mentioned at the top table ! Noel.

Howard Lewis
                      Participant
                        @howardlewis46836

Be aware that LowMEX is not at the East of England Showground at Peterborough.

The site has been sold and is destined to become a housing estate. (No more speedway, Truckdest etc)

Hence the Garden Railway Show finding a new home, and no more Festival of Model Railways in Peterborough either!

Vic
                        Participant
                          @vic

I’ve not been since the ones at Sandown. I’ve decided to go to the Midlands show for the first time, later this year, I hope it’s good with plenty of bargains from the trade stands! 😊

noel shelley
                          Participant
                            @noelshelley55608

The Midland is going ahead and the lectures WILL be better as I will not tolerate the rather poor showing of  last year! As promised the issues have been mentioned at the Top Table.  I will be giving at least one lecture on “Foundry work in the Home workshop” – See you there Boys ! Noel.

Nigel Graham 2
                            Participant
                              @nigelgraham2

No mention of any model-engineering or model railway shows at the Yorkshire Event Centre.

To be fair, last year showed they won’t publicise an event until it has been confirmed by its won organisers (YEC simply hire the hall out).

Nor do we know (or do we know?) if an exhibition is even planned for this year – was last year’s successful or did it make a loss for its organisers and traders? (The YEC presumably still collected its hire fees.)

Nevertheless, last year’s event is omitted from the open display of several past events on the web-site, though woodworking and needlework ones are there between a potato show (I kid thee not) and an “indoor funfair”. Nor is it in the larger archive gallery opened by a link from the main page.

I hope that is not a reflection of the management’s opinions of our hobby…

Kevin –

I think Doncaster = Harrogate. The organisers had to move to LNER City while the spa town’s “Great Yorkshire Showground” was being refurbished and down-graded to a mere “Yorkshire Event Centre”.

I vowed after one gruelling exhibition expedition never to try to find Doncaster Racecourse, nor the Road/Rail Freight Depot, again!

Journeyman
                              Participant
                                @journeyman

lomex

Journeyman
                                Participant
                                  @journeyman

If you like model railways then The UK Model Shop Directory is the place to go to find out what’s on near you.

John

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)